Memorial Day

admin | May 30, 2011 in Military,WordSmatter | Comments (67)

(Photograph provided by Major Dave Bingham of the I-10 Attack Battalion when stationed in Iraq.)

On this day of remembrance, I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to our servicemen and women that have bravely laid down their lives in the name of freedom and compassion.

They have served to defend those unable to defend themselves.  They have served to provide liberty for those that have seen their liberty denied.  They have served in response to hardship, oppression, catastrophe, disaster, and death.

In wars and conflicts spanning the globe, they have answered the call and responded, putting first their fellowman.  As Americans, they have served on my behalf…on our behalf.

They have given their lives through their service.  Customarily, it is on this day, Memorial Day, that we remember them and pay tribute to those that have given so selflessly.

In humble gratitude and reverence, THEY ARE REMEMBERED.

67 Responses to “Memorial Day”

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

1. Comment by cindylyn — May 30, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Godspeed to the brave, men and women we unintentionally take for granted everytime we get angry when someone cuts us off on the road or the person who irritates us a work, or we think we’ve waited too long in line at the grocery or restaurant. I’m grateful for Memorial Day, to take the time to say “thank you, thank you, thank you.” Words fall short to express my gratitude.

Those of us at home cannot possibly know what our soldiers experience. May God bless them abundantly. Hold them, guide them, and may they know our hearts and prayers are with them.

Thank you.

2. Comment by Norma Lopez-SotoMay 30, 2011 at 4:33 pm

There is not a day that goes by that we don’t think of you our little Air Force man (Fernando Soto.) I thank you for your courage and your ability to serve your country.

Courage, Pride and Dedication
    Love your family

3. Comment by heather prairie — May 30, 2011 at 4:37 pm

To all who fought for us…keep the amazing work up.

4. Comment by Shirley — May 30, 2011 at 4:49 pm

Thank you for everything you do and have done for us. You deserve so much, each and every one of you; I pray that God watches over you and keeps you close to him. Thank you so much.

5. Comment by Reid Strickland — May 30, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Such a show of a love of our country……..God bless all you guys and girls who served and have served!

6. Comment by Ibby Rozell — May 30, 2011 at 5:24 pm

May God bless each and everyone of you; I have a lot of respect for those who serve.

7. Comment by deborah hicks — May 30, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Thank you God for allowing me to be born in this patriotic country.
    Thank you God for bringing my son home safe.
    My prayer is to bring everyone else home safe.
    Bless our military and their families, today and always.

8. Comment by Deborah Mckinzie — May 30, 2011 at 5:52 pm

Thank you for all that you are doing; we hope and pray you’ll be home soon.

Deborah

9. Comment by Liz Weed — May 30, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Thank you to all who have served and to those who have given their lives for our freedom. A special thanks to my brother, Major Bryan K. Holzemer. He is currently in Iraq. He has been serving since Desert Storm. First as a marine and now as an Officer with the Air Force. I hope he makes it home safely along with all our troops overseas.

10. Comment by Kip Virgin — May 30, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! You are all so precious and loved. With gratitude…Thank you again. Stay safe.

11. Comment by beverly rodenMay 30, 2011 at 6:40 pm

Without our service men and women, where on earth would we all be??!! Amen to all and may God bless you always; thank you.

12. Comment by Betty Ferrell — May 30, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Thank all of you for helping us stay safe and free in the good ole USA. My dad served in World War II. I thank God every day he made it home safe and I pray all of you brave people do, too. God bless you all.

13. Comment by Joyce Peppers — May 30, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Where would we be if not for all our brave men & women that have served & sacrificed so much for our FREEDOM? We salute you on Memorial Day, we remember & pray for you every day. GOD BLESS YOU. THANK YOU!

14. Comment by Christi — May 31, 2011 at 8:47 am

Thanks for keeping us safe and free.

15. Comment by Emily — May 31, 2011 at 11:07 am

Thanks to all who have served our country, My Dad served in World War II.

16. Comment by Rhonda Hise — May 31, 2011 at 11:40 am

Many, Many, Thanks to ALL our Service Men & Women who continue to fight for our FREEDOM & Rights!! Love ya!!

17. Comment by everett — May 31, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Thanks to all the men & women who have & are serving our country. Great job. Big thanks for all; my brother served in Gulf War – Marine, 8 years. I have many blessings for their family. Everett